What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

IA Rule -Intentional Adulteration Audit Start Date

Started by , Aug 24 2021 02:36 PM
3 Replies

Does any one know if IA Audits started? They said large business audits will start in 2020 and small business will start in March 2021. We had a whole foods customer audit and the auditor asked if we have an IA assessment done. (Bad thing about GFSI audits is they will not help you be ready for these FSMA Audits). We completed it in my previous plant. (Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that routine inspections of small businesses to verify compliance with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act’s (FSMA) Intentional Adulteration (IA) rule will begin in March 2021.)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

I was keeping an eye on this to see if any of our fellow posters have had one yet. I know I haven't...

I was keeping an eye on this to see if any of our fellow posters have had one yet. I know I haven't...

We have one in place. Not sure if they are being audited or not. I created it facility wide including our USDA side. I've had USDA inspectors look at it. It goes above what USDA requires. I start showing it to them and less than a minute later - they are good with it and move on.

Yes - IA Rule inspections started Nov/Dec of 2021 for some larger companies. 

The pandemic did throw off their timeline slightly. Unless you do not have a Food Defense Plan, I think they will only be providing recommendations for improvement rather than 483's. 

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing