What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for trash handling solutions

Started by , Aug 24 2021 06:22 PM
6 Replies

I'm looking for solutions to a trash travel path crossing problem. I need to get trash out of the production areas and to the staging area to take it outside to the dumpster. It's high volume and heavy. Our current solution is opening up opportunities for bacteria moving around on the bottom of the barrels as they dump them and place them on the floor. So I'm looking for solutions or ideas that can move it from production, be dumped into an outdoor-approved hopper, and returned to production. We thought briefly of barrel dollies but we allready use them for product and distinguishing between trash dollies and food dollies could be a nightmare. What have you found that's easily cleanable or am I overcomplicating this? I'm minimizing the cross contact area but in our plant layout there's only so much we can do. Veruca

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling
[Ad]

What about rollie garbage carts?  They come in different colours

https://www.uline.ca...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These are what we use to roll outside. My first thought was this. But how do I get them dumped into the outside approved ones is where I got stumped. The dumper we have outside is way too big to be indoors in that area. I was trying to do a risk evaluation of how much more cleanable those are than the current setup but I'm not sold on taking something completely outdoors then back into production no matter how much foam I push them through. :shudder: 

veruca

Can you use a smaller dumpster in another location that is more convenient?  Designate that dumpster for particular trash from the traffic patterns.  I've had to do this at different plants because of similar traffic problems.

Not sure what your forklift traffic looks like but there are trash dollies that can be picked up with a forklift and you tip them forward to dump the contents into a dumpster.

1 Like1 Thank

Or...something like this can you can tip over to dump the contents.

https://www.uline.co...ing trash carts

We use the kind Ryan M mentioned. To avoid cross contact - we use foot foamers for the cart (and people) to go through. We also have designated individuals who only handle trash. Those carts are then cleaned by sanitation when not in production.

We use a variety of waste equipment, from barrels on dollies (color designated and labeled), dump carts to large blue waste bins.  Of course the waste bins do not go out side we have a bay that allows the waste compactor to be basically attached to the building with a roll up door.  All the dolly carts are washed each clean up day and has never been an issue with auditors.

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling Employee Hygiene Solutions for Hair Contamination SOP for Handling of Expired Raw Materials Organic Handling and Processing Storage and Handling of Glass Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry