What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Peel Back - nesting labels

Started by , Aug 25 2021 04:01 PM
4 Replies

I am working on a nesting-peel back label, question I have is does the NFP have to be on the front label or can I add it to the 2nd page of a nesting-peel back label?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to calculate the volume of canned whole peel tomatoes Large Grain Size (dried orange peel) Foreign Body Detection Peel Out Labels How to peel the fruits and vegetables? Legendary Radio Dj John Peel Dies
[Ad]

I am not sure what a nesting peel back label is.   If you have to open or peel  the label to see the nutritional facts, that would not be permitted in my opinion.   

The front label is the principal display panel   it contains the statement of identity, net weight, etc.   The informational panel is the panel to the  right of the PDP.   it contains the NFS, ingredient statement, and responsible party.   

the link below gives some guidance and is easier to read than the regulation.  

https://www.fda.gov/.../81606/download

Thank you for your response, please see attached for an example of Nesting-peel back label

Attached Files

Thank you for your response, please see attached for an example of Nesting-peel back label

Ok.   All FDA required information would need to be visible to the consumer with out opening anything.   

I am not sure what a nesting peel back label is.   If you have to open or peel  the label to see the nutritional facts, that would not be permitted in my opinion.   

The front label is the principal display panel   it contains the statement of identity, net weight, etc.   The informational panel is the panel to the  right of the PDP.   it contains the NFS, ingredient statement, and responsible party.   

the link below gives some guidance and is easier to read than the regulation.  

https://www.fda.gov/.../81606/download

To add to this, L5 on page 36 states that a label over 40 square inches must have the nutrition panel on the PDP. Below that size it does not need to be on the PDP, but it DOES need to be "seen readily by consumers"

Similar Discussion Topics
How to calculate the volume of canned whole peel tomatoes Large Grain Size (dried orange peel) Foreign Body Detection Peel Out Labels How to peel the fruits and vegetables? Legendary Radio Dj John Peel Dies