What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validation CCP (F0)

Started by , Sep 08 2021 05:57 AM
2 Replies

Hi all

I want to ask something,

1. is it appropriate to calculate F0 to validate CCP in garlic frying process?   

2. is F0 only used to validated in pasteurization process?

3. Does anyone have advice other method to validate CCP in garlic frying process?

Thank you for your time   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation
[Ad]

Whoa

F0 is a measure of lethality specific to achieving commercial sterility

What is the CCP exactly, that you are trying to validate?

I think F0 is meant for moist/steam sterilization.   I don't believe  that would  correspond to frying, if that is the direction you are headed.  

When you say "frying"  I think of hot oil.  is that what you are doing?   perhaps if you gave more details on the process, time, temp, product, etc, someone could provide better assistance.  

to validate the kill step ccp I think it would be best to find a scientific study that closely matches your process and product that indicates a time and temperature to achieve a suitable log reduction of pathogen(s) of concern.   That would be a source to validate your process as effective 

without scientific data a validation study could be conducted to demonstrate a certain log reduction of pathogen(s).  

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence