What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hot Fill Hold Process SOP for Acidified Foods

Started by , Sep 10 2021 05:11 PM
5 Replies

Hello - Does anyone have an SOP for inversion of containers after hot fill hold to share? 

We are producing formulated acidified sauces in glass jars which are inverted after fill according to our process authority's instructions.  I'd like to have something to post in the production area for the employees as a reference.  TIA!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization
[Ad]

is it a manual process?

Good question! The jars are machine filled and capped, then hand-filled into cases and hand palletized.  

You could post a "Did you know?" and include a few details from your process authority letter.  I am sure it states in the letter how long the inversion must occur to sterilize the lid.

Turn your process letter into work instructions

Bring ingredients to X temp

Cook for X minutes at X temp

Clean/rinse jars

Prewarm lids? (maybe yes maybe no)

Load clean jars/lids into machine

Once X minutes of cook elapses and temp of sauce is X, begin filling jars

As the come down line line, starting at the far end of the table, place jars lid side down on the table, once the table is full, start timer. 

DO NOT move jars until the timer from the last jar placed goes off

Invert upright, pack into case and close

2 Likes2 Thanks

Scampi - Thank you, simple and basically foolproof.  I was having drawing an blank on this, perhaps a vacation is in order....

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Process Authority Recommendations? Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Changing from Hot Fill to Tunnel Pasteurization BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Adding Pet Friendly Foods to Scope