What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales?

Started by , Sep 10 2021 07:37 PM
1 Reply

Hello!

My company is currently is working on a direct to consumer online store. We currently sell to distributors and retailers, but I am trying to determine how to maintain traceability with direct to consumer sales. We create variety packs of our beverages and offer them for sale on our website. How would this need to be captured for traceability? 

Would I have to track all lots each individual received? Or just account for any lots of product that went to our ecommerce program and notify all customers in the event of a recall 

Any guidance would help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance Food Traceability Part 204 BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability
[Ad]

You need to track which lots/items were sold and which ones you still have in-house. As for it being customer specific - no.

Similar Discussion Topics
FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance FDA Traceability Rule: Impact and Compliance Food Traceability Part 204 BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability Mock Traceability Exercise for Wholesale SQF Traceability Supplier Traceability BRCGS 3.7.5 using ISO9001 8.5.2 How to maintain a receiving and production system for recall? Sales samples labelling