What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the most important medical screening test for new food handlers?

Started by , Oct 02 2021 08:17 AM
3 Replies

Hi. I have question that what are the most important medical screening test for a new food handlers required before joining his job as Food Handlers?can some guide me in this case. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements
[Ad]

Hi. I have question that what are the most important medical screening test for a new food handlers required before joining his job as Food Handlers?can some guide me in this case. 

Hi jipkhan,

This is likely to be detailed/controlled by Local Regulatory Requirements.

The attachment / checklist in post 2 of original thread you posted in (see link below) is fairly typical although locations will vary. The US Food Code is another popular source.

https://www.ifsqn.co...res/#entry89817

this is a parital list of diseases passed through food---depending on your region and rates of infection, you may require a negative test

• Norovirus
  • Campylobacter
  • Salmonella
  • Shigella
  • E. coli
  • Listeria
  • Yersinia
  • Hepatitis C

this is a parital list of diseases passed through food---depending on your region and rates of infection, you may require a negative test

• Norovirus
  • Campylobacter
  • Salmonella
  • Shigella
  • E. coli
  • Listeria
  • Yersinia
  • Hepatitis C

Ahem. Strictly, only one of the above is a disease although the other 6 genera certainly include all or some pathogenic constituents. The terminology "X infection" is also in common usage, sometimes (arguably) incorrectly..

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product