What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Edition 9 Food Safety Culture

Started by , Oct 06 2021 11:43 PM
13 Replies
We are working on setting up and implementing Food safety culture according to SQF Edition 9, Module 2.1.1.2. Any one here willing to share their Food safety culture plan, implementation and measurement. Much appreciated.
1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

We implemented an anonymous Food Safety Culture Survey which we will ask employees to complete every few months. Each question is ranked 1-5 (5 being the best), and we will be trending the results. We also have a survey box available at all times for employees to suggest any issues or ideas they wish to be addressed. All areas of concern will be brought up in management meetings. 

1 Like

We did something similar to Juribe. We have posted the results and plan to go further with specific things we scored low on. I did google some quiz templates. 

1 Like

We did something similar to Juribe. We have posted the results and plan to go further with specific things we scored low on. I did google some quiz templates. 

Thank you. Did you guys established a food safety culture plan? if so, can you share? Thank you.

We implemented an anonymous Food Safety Culture Survey which we will ask employees to complete every few months. Each question is ranked 1-5 (5 being the best), and we will be trending the results. We also have a survey box available at all times for employees to suggest any issues or ideas they wish to be addressed. All areas of concern will be brought up in management meetings. 

That's great. I am working on the survey part and also trying to add few questions to ask employees during internal audits to test their knowledge. I also got the impression of implementing a food safety plan. Can you share if you have one in place? Thank you. 

I am sharing the basics of what we put in our Food Safety Culture Plan.  Have not yet been audited so can not verify if it meets expectations but maybe it will spark an idea for you. - Best of Luck on SQF Audit.

Sorry attachment did not attach so trying again. :)

Attached Files

2 Likes4 Thanks

We are working on setting up and implementing Food safety culture according to SQF Edition 9, Module 2.1.1.2. Any one here willing to share their Food safety culture plan, implementation and measurement. Much appreciated.

Here is a presentation I made for training new employees. I am still trying to figure out how to make it editable, but you can still use it as is.

https://prezi.com/vi...V3owloRSKqQ7KR/

I'm not sure how it fits with SQF since we are not audited to that standard. Good luck; hope it helps!

2 Likes2 Thanks

Here is a presentation I made for training new employees. I am still trying to figure out how to make it editable, but you can still use it as is.

https://prezi.com/vi...V3owloRSKqQ7KR/

I'm not sure how it fits with SQF since we are not audited to that standard. Good luck; hope it helps!

This is great! I would love to be able to edit this and use it in our process. Any chance you were able to make it editable? 

I'm glad you like it!

I purchased a Prezi membership, but it didn't allow me to share an editable link. 

Maybe you could download it at as .pdf and import it into a new Prezi that you can then edit?

This is great! I would love to be able to edit this and use it in our process. Any chance you were able to make it editable? 

1 Thank

This is a very nice Food Safety Culture presentation.   Thanks for sharing it and permit us so we could use a copy of your presentation. I just purchased a Prezi membership and trying to figure out to make it editable.   Thanks again.

1 Like

I am so glad to hear others are using it. 

To date, it has never been used by my company... Monday is my last day here  -_-

This is a very nice Food Safety Culture presentation.   Thanks for sharing it and permit us so we could use a copy of your presentation. I just purchased a Prezi membership and trying to figure out to make it editable.   Thanks again.

Hi Anteneh,

I think to think that Food Safety Culture starts at the top and management adopt a “This is how we do things here” food safety culture by:

Leadership – starting from the top

Demonstrating visible commitment

Effective communication of company philosophy and policy

Ensuring there is accountability from the top of the organisation to the bottom

Developing employee confidence and mutual trust

Developing reward schemes including ‘Employee of the Month’ award

Ensuring all employees are accountable, engaged and understand the value of integrity and proactivity

Developing an action plan for the development and continuing improvement of food safety culture

Since the Food Safety Culture requirement was largely originated by BRCGS then incorporated into GFSI Benchmark Requirements, I refer to the original BRCGS Guidance which offers this:

A wide range of activities could be incorporated into a culture development plan, some of which the company may already be conducting. For example:

a staff survey focusing on values and culture

annual staff reviews (one-to-ones) and recognition programmes

feedback mechanisms (e.g. staff concerns)

training review and staff development

teamwork (e.g. staff involvement in se ing product safety objectives) • effective communication strategies

activities to demonstrably maintain product safety standards.

BRCGS offer a Best Practice Guide to Product Safety Culture here for £60.00: https://www.brcgs.co...ulture/p-10753/

A CULTURE OF FOOD SAFETY - A POSITION PAPER FROM THE GLOBAL FOOD SAFETY INITIATIVE (GFSI) is available for free and has quite a lot of good content.

Kind regards,

Tony

I'm sorry it is in italian..... but you can understand the template 

Piano Cultura Qualità e SA.docx   32.1KB   1027 downloads

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces