What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Withdrawal of FSSC 22000 certification do we need to update the manual to V 5.1?

Started by , Oct 19 2021 05:04 AM
9 Replies

If our company has decided to withdraw the FSSC or any certification due to cost, but still maintaining the internal audit and management review, do we need to update the manual according to FSSC 22000 food manufacturing version 5.1? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can anyone help with unsafe product withdrawal SOP Retail traceability and withdrawal procedure Product Withdrawal & Recall Poll SQF Edition 8.1 Product Trace, Recall, and Withdrawal Has anyone got an example product withdrawal and recall procedure?
[Ad]

only if there is internal value to doing so

I gather none of your customers are demanding GFSI certification?

once they fully withdraw and a new customer demands it, you'll have to start from square one all over again

1 Thank

Starting back from square one is bad, m'kay. (in Mr. Garrison from The Simpsons voice).

Mr. Garrison is from South Park, m-kayyy?   Kay,

I also would wonder why ditch the cert.   Everyone on earth is heading the direction of NSF certs.   If you have to start over from scratch later, it will suck.

However, if you drop the cert, I don't think you have to do anything having to do with it, unless you want to....

1 Like

I also wonder why your company would drop the certification? I get the issue with cost, but longer term the cost to the business may far outweigh the cost of the certification. With more and more customers demanding/requiring a GFSI aligned certification there is the potential for you to lose customers over this.

Have your customers been approached about your company wanting to drop the certification? My company certainly does not consider any company who is not GFSI certified. If were were advised that the certification was being dropped or we found this out when requesting updated certification docs, we'd be finding a new supplier pronto. 

1 Thank

What liberator said!

I know we dropped a certification (Gluten Free) a while back since none of our customers were asking for it and the testing costs were prohibitive (all products are still GF, we just don't test for it specifically anymore). But I'd have the CEO/Owner in my office fast, quick and in a hurry if I suggested dropping our GFSI cert (SQF). 

Hi all, 

Thanks for providing feedback.
We asked the customer in question before we dropped the certificate. They said: As long as we still maintain the system, it's okay. Only the private certification we dropped, we still maintain the statutory certification related to food.

Covid-19 pandemic really give affecting our company. A large number of raw materials become expensive. We have no choice.

Dear Shazlin88,

Can You assure every interested party (costumers) that the keeping of the FSMS is effective and verified? Unfortunately, only an external inspection (certification body) can assure that you maintaain your FSMS. And if the company can afford the cost of an emploee to keep the system updated and in conformance with these requirments, i dont believe that cannot afford the cost of an annual audit and certification.

BR

What is the scope of your company?

Hi,

Even if the Top Management has decided to withdraw certification from pvt certification body, In My openion you should update your system and documents as per requirment of new version of FSSC 22K V5.1, as this will not only continually improve your food safety system but will also helpful to meet customer requirments and in customer audits. 

Regards,

Zargham Abbas

Food Microbiologist

(zarghama1@gmail.com, +923008048283)

Similar Discussion Topics
Can anyone help with unsafe product withdrawal SOP Retail traceability and withdrawal procedure Product Withdrawal & Recall Poll SQF Edition 8.1 Product Trace, Recall, and Withdrawal Has anyone got an example product withdrawal and recall procedure? Is this scenario a mock product withdrawal or recall? Please share a procedure for recall and withdrawal as per FSSAI guidelines Is there a replacement guidance document following the withdrawal of the ISO 22004:2014 (Guidance on the application of ISO 22000)? Contamination source on FDA Recall, Withdrawal, Alert Website What is the difference between Product Recall and Product Withdrawal?