What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Plant based micro testing

Started by , Oct 25 2021 02:25 AM
4 Replies

HI, I'm trying to set our microbiological critera / testing regime for our finished product, however I'm not really sure where to begin. We currently have the following targets.

The product is a soy protein based 'fake meat' (which also contains a tomato based ingredients). It is a raw product, reformed , frozen and dispatched for the customer to cook.

The customer is also unsure but has tentatively suggested the following which sort of seems excessive

Standard Plate Count – <10,000 cfu/g

Coliforms – < 10 cfu/g

E Coli – < 10 cfu/g

Yeasts – ?100 cfu/g

Mould – ?100 cfu/g

Bacilus Cereus Group – < 10 cfu/g

Coagulase Positive Staphylococci – < 10 cfu/g

Clostridium Perfringens – < 10 cfu/g

Salmonella – Not Detected /25g

Listeria – Not Detected /25g

The raw material supplier tests for the following

SPC/TPC

<10,000

Listeria Monocytogenes

ND

E.coli

ND

Staphylococcus Aureus

<100

Salmonella

ND

Can anyone help with whether these limits are acceptable and where I can find a reference doc to say so? I'm really not comfortable in this area. Thanks!  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant
[Ad]

Hi,

Before setting the limits and focusing on raw materials results, i will suggest to do microbiological risk assessment of your finished product that will strengthen . sort the sources of microbial contamination and take actions to control these sources. 

As your product is raw, not eady to eat and have to undergo further processsing / Cooking , above mentioned limits are acceptable will not affact the quality and safety of product. Make sure to control water activity, storage conditions and external contaminents during processing.

Thanks & Regards,

Zargham Abbas

Food Microbiologist

zarghama1@gmail.com

HI, I'm trying to set our microbiological critera / testing regime for our finished product, however I'm not really sure where to begin. We currently have the following targets.

The product is a soy protein based 'fake meat' (which also contains a tomato based ingredients). It is a raw product, reformed , frozen and dispatched for the customer to cook.

The customer is also unsure but has tentatively suggested the following which sort of seems excessive

Standard Plate Count – <10,000 cfu/g

Coliforms – < 10 cfu/g

E Coli – < 10 cfu/g

Yeasts – ?100 cfu/g

Mould – ?100 cfu/g

Bacilus Cereus Group – < 10 cfu/g

Coagulase Positive Staphylococci – < 10 cfu/g

Clostridium Perfringens – < 10 cfu/g

Salmonella – Not Detected /25g

Listeria – Not Detected /25g

The raw material supplier tests for the following

SPC/TPC

<10,000

Listeria Monocytogenes

ND

E.coli

ND

Staphylococcus Aureus

<100

Salmonella

ND

Can anyone help with whether these limits are acceptable and where I can find a reference doc to say so? I'm really not comfortable in this area. Thanks!  

Hi PP,

Maybe have a study of this thread -

https://www.ifsqn.co...rs/#entry174712

Yr compliance likely also related to the unknown process.

As a vegetarian so many of us bo longer want to eat soy protein and opt for P -protein now.

Curious why.

https://www.nal.usda...-and-guidelines

Has many different links including one referencing the Food Standards in Australia/New Zealand

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Help with Process Development for Dressings, Sauce, Dips Plant Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Plant-based Beverage Name Regulation 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant Herbicide in Food Manufacturing Plant