What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

PCQI training

Started by , Oct 26 2021 04:31 PM
5 Replies

Hi there, 

Is PCQI training required for both animal food and human food? Are the independent of each other and separate? If someone is PCQI for human food, can they appky the certificate for animal food?

Thanks!

Bidhan 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
PCQI Training in Portuguese HACCP, CP-FS, SQF, PCQI - which certification is most valuable? PCQI Training Looking for references for HACCP, PCQI, SQF Books and Booklets PCQI Training
[Ad]

No, there is a separate one for each category, but both have similar methodology.

Let me clarify, each one if required depending of what you produce. PCQI for human food if you produce foods intended for human consumption. Equally if you produce animal food, then the PCQI for animal food is required. I do not believe that they are interchangeable.

They are not interchangeable.

We produce products (cookies) for both humans and dogs ("treats"). We have to have PCQI's for both Human and Animal.

As stated above, the methodologies are the same, although if you are actually producing pet "food" rather than human food that humans seem to think their dog would enjoy as a "treat", there are obviously more stringent requirements.

Marshall

PCQI training is not mandatory but the training could be beneficial.

Chiming in, not interchangeable. My SafeFeedSafeFood auditor said it would be a NC against us if my backup didn't have animal food PCQI knowledge (training). I do not have animal food, only human.

I did read the book she got, it was pretty much the same dang thing..

Similar Discussion Topics
PCQI Training in Portuguese HACCP, CP-FS, SQF, PCQI - which certification is most valuable? PCQI Training Looking for references for HACCP, PCQI, SQF Books and Booklets PCQI Training Is a PCQI certificate required for all my suppliers? If I have PCQI certification do I still need to be HACCP certified? Do you have to be certified on PCQI to sign off on records in a manufacturing facility? PCQI in-class training PCQI Training - Is it mandatory?