What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 12.8.1.3 - Risk Assessment Template

Started by , Oct 27 2021 01:13 PM
4 Replies

I'm looking for a risk assessment for a structural issue. It's a low risk, we are distributors only. I got a NC from an SQF auditor for 12.8.1.3. The bathroom doors opens into the dry warehouse No open product, everything is off the floor & - no product or equipment is stored in the vicinity. There is no previous history of plumbing issues/overflow of toilets.

I appreciate the help!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates
[Ad]

I'm not really sure anyone here can, nor SHOULD be giving you a risk assessment. We can help guide you, but ultimately you and your team should know your warehouse and setup and are the only ones qualified to perform a knowledgeable risk assessment on specific issues in your warehouse.

I'm looking for a risk assessment for a structural issue. It's a low risk, we are distributors only. I got a NC from an SQF auditor for 12.8.1.3. The bathroom doors opens into the dry warehouse No open product, everything is off the floor & - no product or equipment is stored in the vicinity. There is no previous history of plumbing issues/overflow of toilets.

I appreciate the help!

Hi rgomez,

Offhand it sounds like you are simply not compliant with a fundamental hygiene requirement.

I doubt that a risk assessment will change the situation.

1 Thank

We incurred that same NC and point deduction for about 8 years until we were doing another construction project and added air locks and ventilation to our restrooms. If you can afford the point create a risk assessment that proves there is no food safety risk to product. We also took a point for not having the property fenced in until I became food safety manager and appealed it based on demographics and type of product (paperboard packaging). We haven't had a deduction for that since.

1 Like

I would ask for further explanation on that NC.  Doors can open into the facility if there is ventilation going to the outside, etc.  Sometimes auditors audit for multiple codes and forget some of the requirements for one aren't for the other.  We got hit with that same NC at a packaging plant, and challenged it with proof we had ventilation that was on and vented to the outside and won the challenge.

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Food fraud vulnerability assessment BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care