What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

RTE micro limits

Started by , Nov 19 2021 05:49 PM
8 Replies
Dears,
I have an inquiry about the microbiological limits for RTE foods as per FDA or USFDA or even EU , the information that I have is RTE food shall be zero pathogens like salmonella and E.Coli but what about total plat count ? Is there a limit ?
My industry is spices and herbs.
Thanks for your help,
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility
[Ad]

The answer is still zero

This may be of assistance

https://www.fda.gov/...108126/download

1 Like

Dears,
I have an inquiry about the microbiological limits for RTE foods as per FDA or USFDA or even EU , the information that I have is RTE food shall be zero pathogens like salmonella and E.Coli but what about total plat count ? Is there a limit ?
My industry is spices and herbs.
Thanks for your help,

Hi M.Yusuf,

A few plate count, et al, ideas -

UK, RTE,ACC Guidelines.pdf   198.68KB   43 downloads

US-NACMCF, Micro limits Spices,Herbs.pdf   95.21KB   37 downloads

GSO RTE micro criteria dried herbs,spices.pdf   32.37KB   34 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

thanks for your help really !! this is useful information will help me a lot.

I just have another inquiry,

Is RTE product has a specific parameters for consumption other than micro parameters ? 

thanks for your help really !! this is useful information will help me a lot.

I just have another inquiry,

Is RTE product has a specific parameters for consumption other than micro parameters ? 

Hi M.Yusuf,

Yes. The answer(s) to yr query is typically illustrated in the Product Specification which usually contains a mixture of Safety (eg BCPA) and non-Safety (eg Organoleptic) criteria. However the exact mix will vary with the product.

This text may be of interest -

ASTA - clean safe spices maual,2017 .pdf   410.45KB   22 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

Many thanks for your help and concern!! 

Hi Charles,

Would you have the full PDF for the "GSO RTE micro criteria dried herbs.spices" file?

I would really appreciate it.

Julio A

Hi Charles,

Would you have the full PDF for the "GSO RTE micro criteria dried herbs.spices" file?

I would really appreciate it.

Julio A

Hi Julio,

See attachment com4 in this Post (which may be a later version of document used for the "extracted portion" in post 3)  -

https://www.ifsqn.co...-al/#entry12799

(Note that the data column is misaligned in "extracted portion" but is correctly formatted in full document. However also note that the values for "molds" in full document may be a (duplicated) typo of APC values and that the correct values may be as given in the extracted portion.)

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you for your help Charles!

Hi Julio,

See attachment com4 in this Post (which may be a later version of document used for the "extracted portion" in post 3)  -

https://www.ifsqn.co...-al/#entry12799

(Note that the data column is misaligned in "extracted portion" but is correctly formatted in full document. However also note that the values for "molds" in full document may be a (duplicated) typo of APC values and that the correct values may be as given in the extracted portion.)

Similar Discussion Topics
Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility MOSH MOAH limits in Germany Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Zone 3 APC Limits What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks?