What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Test Kit for Fish

Started by , Nov 19 2021 09:11 PM
4 Replies

Good day,

I need some assistance in identifying a suitable allergen swab, that can be used to verify that cleaning and sanitation activities have reduced the protein found in fish to 5ppm/ a satisfactory level. Pl

I would also like to know what are some on the actions I can implemented to prevent cross-contamination in non-fish areas. I have identified a few thus far, these are:

*Allergen Mgmt. Training for all staff

*Obtain a coat rack (specific for fish processing area) to hang PPEs during break.

*Colour-coded uniforms, to be worn by employees handling fish (to be laundered separately)

*Separation of personnel. Personnel handling fish on a given day will not be allowed in non-fish sections of the plant

*Placement and travel path of fish raw material, finished products and waste

*Separate frozen storage for fish and fish waste

*Dedicated utensils, cleaning tools, equipment for area 

*Dedicated maintenance tools, waste/scrap bin and dirty clothes (PPE) bin

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

We used to use Reveal 3D tests for crustacea. They work fine, but have a poor design. You have to pour a small packet of solution into each test tube.

There was almost always some spillage which could be a contamination issue.

We switched to Hygiena AllerSnap. I believe the threshold is 3ppm vs 5ppm with Reveal 3D.

I like them so far. Much easier to use since the solution is contained in a bulb on top of the test tube.

The only downside is that you will also need an incubator. I have a 12-spot desktop model also from Hygiena.

Here are some links to what I am using.

https://qasupplies.c...ASABEgICHvD_BwE

https://qasupplies.c...-test/allersnap

Reveal 3D cost= $20.20/ test    (10 tests per kit for $202)   

AllerSnap cost=  $2.42/  test      (100 tests per kit for $242) plus the cost of your incubator

Assuming a $300 incubator purchase, after 17 swabs the AllerSnap becomes the cheaper option. Hope this helps! 

1 Like

Hi Alton, 

Thank you very much. This is really helpful! I have never heard about AllerSnap before, I will definitely have a look at it. It's sensitivity is ideal too (3ppm). 

3m has a fish rapid test.   As does Romer.  

https://multimedia.3...n-rapid-kit.pdf

1 Like1 Thank

Thank you very much 

kingstudruler1.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks