What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to check the core temperature of IQF items

Started by , Nov 25 2021 11:24 AM
3 Replies

Hi All,

Ours is a frozen RTC culinary sauce manufacturing unit. We have two type of items.

1. Frozen Mediterranean sauces ( cube shaped -8gm/ cube-- same like Cadbury candies)

2. Asian sauces ( pouches of various sizes ranging from 85 - 180 Gm/ pouch) 

How to check the core temperature of these items. 

is by 1. penetrating into each cube/ pouch

2. or keeping the thermometer probe between the products

All advises appreciated on which method to follow.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel How can I check good sterilization? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel?
[Ad]

Hi All,

Ours is a frozen RTC culinary sauce manufacturing unit. We have two type of items.

1. Frozen Mediterranean sauces ( cube shaped -8gm/ cube-- same like Cadbury candies)

2. Asian sauces ( pouches of various sizes ranging from 85 - 180 Gm/ pouch) 

How to check the core temperature of these items. 

is by 1. penetrating into each cube/ pouch

2. or keeping the thermometer probe between the products

All advises appreciated on which method to follow.

Hi Sawad,

Are they both frozen, packed finished product or ?

What is purpose of measuring temperature ?

Hi Sawad,

Are they both frozen, packed finished product or ?

What is purpose of measuring temperature ?

Yes for us they are finished product. We are doing bulk packing  & are sending to our own another facility, where it will be repacked into consumer packets with addition of other items . The final product is " Ready To Cook Frozen Meal Kit". 

The purpose of checking temperature is to ensure the products are achieving  proper temperature after freezing. 

Yes for us they are finished product. We are doing bulk packing  & are sending to our own another facility, where it will be repacked into consumer packets with addition of other items . The final product is " Ready To Cook Frozen Meal Kit". 

The purpose of checking temperature is to ensure the products are achieving  proper temperature after freezing. 

Hi Sawad,

Both methods assume that a constant product temperature has been established, eg in a cold store.

IIRC method 2 was offered by Codex presumably for convenience/non-destructive.purposes and shown to be useful for thermocouple sampling of container loads etc. It necessitates close contact between surfaces involved.

I suggest to try both methods on a few samples to validate the Procedures for situation of interest.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel How can I check good sterilization? What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Freezer and Refrigerator Temperature For temperature cooling does the time limit of 2-hour start when the temperature is at 135 °F for the sauce? Temperature checks at receiving for ingredients that must be kept cold Maintaining Traceability in FMCG warehouse for Promotional items Monitoring the temperature of a canteen fridge