What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Employee Food Safety Training Topics

Started by , Dec 10 2021 02:19 PM
4 Replies

Looking for fun, exciting ways to incorporate food safety training for our employees. Every month we do a training and I try to add some sort of 'show & tell' moment to get the message across.

Examples what I have done in the past:

-Glow Germ Hand washing activity

-ATP swabbing of peoples phones, watches, personal devices (before and after being sanitized)

-Bacterial counts growth on plates to show purpose of sanitation

What other fun activities is there to do or that your company has completed?

Our employees do really well with hands on learning and I am wanting to keep these fun and light hearted.

I still have employees from a month ago asking about different places to use ATP swabbing

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Employee handbook and policies GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room
[Ad]

Wow, you're definitely doing great job! Monthly training keeps you busy to develop new ways to get people listening, not just hearing you without understanding. What I could come up with is: telling them scary stories about intentional food contamination (Food Defense training), giving them a quiz with tricky questions, show cartoons on food safety (if they exist, I'm not sure), announce some prizes for those who really cares about food safety.

1 Like1 Thank

I saw an experiment for kids that I've always wanted to use

put clean vs unclean hands on a piece of white bread (it's essentially not food anymore so it works great) then put them into separate sandwich bags and check them every day

A contest to see who can guess how far/fast an uncovered sneeze can go (ballots in jar??)

Use red string and map out all the places your product ships to...helps to demonstrate just how many people "could" become ill when basic GMPS are not followed

The story of the origins of food safety (if you haven't already incorporated it)

1 Like1 Thank

I saw an experiment for kids that I've always wanted to use

put clean vs unclean hands on a piece of white bread (it's essentially not food anymore so it works great) then put them into separate sandwich bags and check them every day

A contest to see who can guess how far/fast an uncovered sneeze can go (ballots in jar??)

Use red string and map out all the places your product ships to...helps to demonstrate just how many people "could" become ill when basic GMPS are not followed

The story of the origins of food safety (if you haven't already incorporated it)

Great answers thank you!

If you can gather the crew again later (or save the results for next training), give them bacteria swabs and let them swab an area of their choosing.  Then show them the results.  One place I worked had annual 3-day trainings for our lead personnel, and we let them do this, also letting them plate their own Petrifilms (under my instruction).  Of course, we were a seasonal operation and did this prior to starting the season- you may want to watch where you would allow them to sample if you are in production!

Similar Discussion Topics
Employee handbook and policies GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Diabetic Employee needing Cell Phone on body Employee communication to promote food safety and quality culture? Door between employee entrance and processing room Contents of an Employee Handbook Employee Hygiene Solutions for Hair Contamination How to respond to a customer complaint about a sick employee on site visit? SQF 2.5.1.1 - Validation of GMPs other than employee practices Auditor rummaging through employee lockers