What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen test kit for low temperature work environment

Started by , Dec 14 2021 12:00 AM
6 Replies

Hi, 

I've just started working in a fresh meals company. The work environment temperature is 0-5 C. Does anyone know of any rapid allergen test kits that can work in this temperature? One of the Hygiena representatives told me that their AllerSnap works but we have to put the tubes in an incubator that comes with the kits. The other suggestion was to take the swab tube outside after swabbing which is so difficult considering working in a high care environment (and time also is very important for us). The other test kits from Hygiena and Neogen, to the best of my knowledge, only work at 21-25 C (room temperature).

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

Hi, 

I've just started working in a fresh meals company. The work environment temperature is 0-5 C. Does anyone know of any rapid allergen test kits that can work in this temperature? One of the Hygiena representatives told me that their AllerSnap works but we have to put the tubes in an incubator that comes with the kits. The other suggestion was to take the swab tube outside after swabbing which is so difficult considering working in a high care environment (and time also is very important for us). The other test kits from Hygiena and Neogen, to the best of my knowledge, only work at 21-25 C (room temperature).

The Neogen 3-D Reveal works at those temperatures. We use them in areas around 4 C and never had a problem. With the test - it is stored in the refrigerator. Once you need to use it, you need to warm it up to room temperature.

1 Thank

Yeah when I've used Neogen in a cold environment, I would swab my locations and then take the swabs to a room temp office to do the actual testing. Slightly more time consuming yes, but if it was ever looked into, I was definitely following the requirements of the kit so my results were valid. 

Could someone in the high care environment do a hand off to someone outside that has the rest of the kit set up? Like hand over a tray or bag with the swabs through a curtain or door (whatever your set up is)?

1 Thank

They've worked just fine testing in the cold room with the solution at room temperature for us. We've gotten strong positives doing it this way (intentionally done).

The Neogen 3-D Reveal works at those temperatures. We use them in areas around 4 C and never had a problem. With the test - it is stored in the refrigerator. Once you need to use it, you need to warm it up to room temperature.

Thanks. We use them for our annual validation but I'm looking for a general protein detection test kit for use in daily changeovers. 

And I have a question for you regarding those 3-d Reveal kits: How do you know it's not a false result when you get a negative result? 

Thanks. We use them for our annual validation but I'm looking for a general protein detection test kit for use in daily changeovers. 

And I have a question for you regarding those 3-d Reveal kits: How do you know it's not a false result when you get a negative result? 

^^(red) - See Post 4 ?

1 Like
It worked fine for us when we had the test in cold temperature but we had to warm it to warm the solution to room temperature before we take the readings for result

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks