What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food culture training for SQF

Started by , Dec 15 2021 11:23 AM
4 Replies

Good morning,

Any one have training template for food safety culture? Not sure how and what to do with it.

Thank you 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements
[Ad]

Im not sure what you mean about a training template.    There are classes out there regarding food safety culture.     I dont think you need ot be training the entire company in food safety culture.   I have posted a link below to the GFSI white paper on food safety culture.   It may help.  

https://mygfsi.com/w...ulture-Full.pdf

For SQF I thought it was required since it has to be part of Management policy. 

Thank you

Senior management is to establish and maintain a food safety culture.   That is in the policy requirements and is further described in 2.1.1.2.  You are absolutely correct.   

If senior management does not understand food safety culture or how to develop a "program" regarding food safety culture, I would say they probably should attend  some training or at least review the GFSI white paper on food safety culture & the SQFI Guidance document on food safety culture.  

I don't think that training all plant employees on "what is food safety culture / how to improve food safety"  is required.   You certainly could provide this training and it may be beneficial - but not required in my opinion.   

There are elements of food safety culture that plant employees should be aware of such as the plant's food safety objectives, their responsibility for reporting food safety concerns and improvements, their food safety knowledge and application during daily activities,  their involvement with food safety improvement projects,  importance of providing feedback on food safety culture surveys, etc.    

Thank you,

Similar Discussion Topics
Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements Example of How to Assess Your Food Safety Culture Accommodations for Medication & Food How would you rate the food safety culture in your workplace? Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Repackaging of Food Grade product