What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help on RCA-CAPA on Bone found in Minced formed burger patty?

Started by , Dec 17 2021 12:16 PM
5 Replies

Need help on RCA/CAPA on Bone found in Minced formed burger patty.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
(11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration NCR Vs CAPA Help Burger Quality Concern Greasiness High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef When is CAPA required and what is definition of a correction under SQF?
[Ad]

What hazard controls do you have in place?  xray, mesh screening etc

How large was the piece, was it bone or cartilage?  Need to understand what part of the process failed before we can assist with your CAPA

1 Like

we don't have any control right now . but we have to place x-ray machine soon,

yes it is bone around 1-1.5 cm. i think it came from chicken breast. i hope you will understand my concern. 

kindly suggest Correction and preventive action

ok-I've done 10+years in poultry

The breast bones are particularly easy to miss

You need checks on 10 kg sample of breast meat (that has been fully trimmed) BEFORE it's ground

Then you need to take say 1kg of ground, take 10 100g samples from random areas every 30 minutes, spread it thin checking for bones

Put those both in as CCPS!  They cannot be missed with a minimum of 30 minute checks for each

Thanks for your valuable guidance Scampi

Similar Discussion Topics
(11.2.10.2) Calibrated equipment found out of calibration NCR Vs CAPA Help Burger Quality Concern Greasiness High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef When is CAPA required and what is definition of a correction under SQF? Glad to Have Found a great place to discuss Food Safety Jelly like substance is found in milk bactoclarifier Nestlé Toll House cookie dough recalled nationwide due to rubber pieces found in dough Moulds found in Glass Bottles Ant found in product - customer complaint to FDA