What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HELP! Dishwasher validation-QUALITY VS MAINTENANCE

Started by , Dec 21 2021 06:47 PM
3 Replies

Our company recently purchased a dishwasher which is used to clean dishes and the hot water is used to sanitize.  I purchased the Dish Temp plate to validate along with the test strip stickers that are put on the dishes to get a reading of the temperature of the dishes.  Neither are reading at 180 degrees but it does read at 190 where the water comes out inside the dishwasher so the water is definitely in the 190 degree range but the dishes are not. 

My thought process was to validate for that the dishes have been cleaned and SANITIZED I need to show that the actual dishes themselves reach 180 degrees not just that hot water is sprayed onto them.   Maintenance believes that the dishwasher is doing its job and that the water is coming out of the pipe at 190 degrees and that is all that we need.                                                                               

What are your thoughts?                                                                                                                                                                                          

Here is the link for the thermoworks dish temp plate that did not get to temperature.   https://www.thermowo...com/dishtemp/  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Maintenance Shop Refrigerator Salary for Quality Control Supervisor
[Ad]

How the regulations read - you need the water to be greater than 180 F and not the item you are cleaning. If this is occurring, you're fine. I've never used the item you are mentioning so not sure about that.

1 Like

Thank you.  Where exactly does it read in the regulations? 

Thank you.  Where exactly does it read in the regulations? 

https://www.fda.gov/...110822/download - in the search bar - search for 180 or dishwasher in the text. I don't know your exact setup so I can't give you the exact code number

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Maintenance Shop Refrigerator Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule