What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glass Protection - Suitable Coatings for glass windows

Started by , Dec 29 2021 08:39 PM
1 Reply

Hello - I am pricing the re-coating of glass windows that look into our production room.  I cannot find in Edition 9 anywhere that has details on the type of coating or any guidelines. Are there any on the type of coating? Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check
[Ad]

I unfortunately was in your situation once.   We built a new plant and the owners decided to have tons of windowed walls and didnt think of the shatter resistance when sourcing.    

We ended up needing to coat them.   ANSI z97.1 covers window glazing for safety.    If you contact a commercial window /  tinting company, they will be able point you to the correct film, provide the proper certifications / documentation on glass retention, and installation.  I was surprised at how common it is to coat windows for shatter retention is (food, gov, etc).  This was acceptable to all of our auditors including SQF.     

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Glass Receptacle X-ray Validation for special-risk group population