What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sanitation validation against starch residues

Started by , Jan 06 2022 05:00 PM
2 Replies

Good day Everyone,

I have a question regarding the sanitation validation against starch residues. 

We are developing a powder handling equipment. One of its use is to deliver anti-caking agents. I tried to validate the easiness to clean using 3M ATP swabs. However, this method doesn't seem to be very sensitive to the starch residue. I get very low readings like 11 RLU while the residue is clearly visible. I guess it's because starch doesn't have too much ATP in it?

I was wondering if there is a commonly used way to detect starch residue, like in a bread plant? Or you have any good ideas that can help? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance. 

Charlie

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program
[Ad]

That'll presumably only work if the starch happens to have gluten in it?

To the OP, might be a stupid suggestion, but would a basic iodine test work? If I remember correctly, it should change to a blue-black colour in the presence of starch. No idea if it'll be sufficiently sensitive, or viable for the equipment you're working with, but if you've come up with no other solutions then it could be worth a quick experiment!

Similar Discussion Topics
What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program 3rd Party Sanitation in Your Plant Does anyone have a sanitation program for trailers? New Tumbler Equipment sanitation, allergen cleaning, process controls, CCPS? Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization