What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there a standard color code for cleaning tools ?

Started by , Jan 14 2022 05:48 AM
3 Replies

Hi good day to all,

May I ask if there is a standard color coding for cleaning tools. because I believe cleaning tools that is in color red should only be use on rest rooms/toilets.

Thanks in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses
[Ad]

It's largely up to you (unless there is some specific regulatory requirement in your area, although not aware I've ever seen such a thing).
The key element is to define what colour can be used for what purpose, and ensure that this is clear and trained to all staff. If they're using the wrong item in the wrong area then refresher training is needed!

No standard exists for that, it's your call. However, I would use white for food contact surfaces.

I'd prefer a contrasting colour to my product(s) to spot any contamination from damaged tools.

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Foaming machines in a cleaning management system