What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

High and Low Risk Definitions and Requirements in IFS

Started by , Jan 19 2022 01:19 PM
1 Reply

Does anyone know what (if any) the expectations are from IFS auditors for sites that have high and low risk production zones. With BRC it is quite specific in terms of how the areas should be segregated (product, process, people, etc.) and what the requirements are for each area.

IFS doesn't seem to mention production zones carrying a certain risk which puts the onus on the business to identify and assess what the risks are. Therefore in theory, IFS certified businesses can get away with practices that BRC categorically does not allow - e.g. time segregation of cooked and raw foods.

If anyone can give me their thoughts and notes from experience on the expectation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Danny

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care
[Ad]

We recently completed an NSF audit, which seems to be similar.  Mainly, they didn't want different products running in the same area simultaneously, but if it was documented that sanitation/cleaning was happening in between that seemed fine.  Obviously, you want to go from non-allergenic to allergenic in terms of runs, and we also had a production order in relation to organic products.  You definitely have to show the risk levels, and have a preventative control if necessary.  I hope this helps in some way.  Really is on the business to have a robust and up-to-date Food Safety Plan.  I hope this has been helpful in some way.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef High care product transfer and sushi BRC issue 9 5.4.7 - Ongoing verification for "High Protein" and "High Fiber" Claims