What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Would I need to schedule a clean between running walnuts to peanuts?

Started by , Jan 24 2022 06:06 PM
4 Replies

Just wondering, would I need to schedule a clean between running walnuts to peanuts? I would like to not have to clean between runs, so can I run a treenut before peanuts and not clean?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility?
[Ad]

Hi amakki1261, welcome to our forum. I don't think you could do that as Tree Nuts and Peanut are different allergens. Moreover, if you have different tree nuts (say, walnuts, almonds, etc.) you should do changeover cleaning in between runs - unless, your allergen statement does not specify what tree nut is in in the product. 

You can't. You have to clean in between. USA rules also require you to say which tree nut it is on the label. You must clean between different tree nuts as well.

And peanuts are NOT tree nuts, so even if you could use the blanket statement, it still wouldn't work

you'll have to address this via production planning so you're not doing midshift full cleans

thank you for responding so quickly! i will adjust my production schedule to clean between runs 

Similar Discussion Topics
Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule BRCGS Cleaning equipment in clean area Does a Quality Manager need to be on site any time production is running? Running a risk assessment to prove our company does not need ATP swabs How to clean and sanitize in a chocolate & confectionary facility? BRC annual management review and internal audit running less than a year? Drying and storing clean utensils and parts in utility sinks Cleaning Schedule Frequency Why do we need to deep clean? Cleaning Between Allergens - Tree Nut to Peanuts