What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do I need to inform my cert body of a major change to a process?

Started by , Jan 27 2022 04:54 PM
6 Replies

we are a gelato manufacturer, we pasteurize our cream before use . we are upgrading to a whole different system that can pasteurize more product.  do i need to tell my cb or just update my food safety plan , etc?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Major Non-conformance on section 1.1.7 Resources change over procedure change over procedure Process Authority Recommendations? Cleaning Process and Chemicals
[Ad]

I would.   If they dont care, then there is no harm.  

1 Thank

I agree with kingstudruler1.  It doesn't hurt to inform them just in case.  Better to be safe than sorry.

1 Thank

I agree! It's better for you to inform your CB.

What is the change - from a food safety perspective?

If the hazard is the temperature control for bacteria reducton e.g. pasteurisation  - and you just change from one type of heat treatment to another - then  your focus should be on your control and validation program.   No need to inform the CB.

If you change from a heat treatment to a UV treatment for bacteria reduction then you could consider informing the CB.

1 Thank

This may change your HACCP study and Process flow I think 

1 Like

What is the change - from a food safety perspective?

If the hazard is the temperature control for bacteria reducton e.g. pasteurisation  - and you just change from one type of heat treatment to another - then  your focus should be on your control and validation program.   No need to inform the CB.

If you change from a heat treatment to a UV treatment for bacteria reduction then you could consider informing the CB.

we currently use vat pasteurization, we are upgrading to HTST, which pasteurizes in a shorter amount of time. my ccps haven't changed, i am waiting for it to be installed so i can do my risk assessment. the department of agriculture will be here to ensure proper installation etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Major Non-conformance on section 1.1.7 Resources change over procedure change over procedure Process Authority Recommendations? Cleaning Process and Chemicals BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Grading Minor Major Critical