What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Minimum acceptable gauss strength of magnets for sugar industry

Started by , Jan 30 2022 06:01 AM
3 Replies

Hi,

Is there anyone here familiar with FSSC standards? I would like to know what is the minimum gauss strength of magnet for sugar industry? thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Does there need to be a minimum percentage of olive oil in the product to advertise on the label? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements?
[Ad]

Hi,

Is there anyone here familiar with FSSC standards? I would like to know what is the minimum gauss strength of magnet for sugar industry? thank you

Hi bebeau,

Based on various earlier threads here, IIRC, the typical (technical) answer for food applications seems to be 10,000 gauss.

Hi Bebeau,

I don't know if there is anything more upto date but we found publication AMR180917 Rev. 1 quite useful. It documents that best practice is as a final magnet the strength be 10,000 gauss at 22mm pole centres, at food contact. It is documented 8,500 gauss was minimum tolerance of original 10,000 gauss on supply, allowing for up to 15% deterioration after installation.

Regards

John

1 Like

Hi Bebeau,

I don't know if there is anything more upto date but we found publication AMR180917 Rev. 1 quite useful. It documents that best practice is as a final magnet the strength be 10,000 gauss at 22mm pole centres, at food contact. It is documented 8,500 gauss was minimum tolerance of original 10,000 gauss on supply, allowing for up to 15% deterioration after installation.

Regards

John

Hi John,

Thanks for input.

Yes, I think this previous post agreed yr comments -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ry/#entry150040

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Does there need to be a minimum percentage of olive oil in the product to advertise on the label? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements? Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite For sanitation is there a minimum water temperature requirement? What does traceability one step back and minimum traceability one step forward mean? Minimum documentation required for ISO 22000 certification What is the minimum gap between wall and fermentation tanks?