What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Maximum acceptable pseudomonas in shellfish?

Started by , Feb 02 2022 05:23 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everyone, 

the FSVP class I took in 2019 mentioned that there were exceptions to FSVP implementation, and that Canada, Australia and New Zealand regulations meet the US FDA requirements and is equivalent and foreign suppliers in these countries eliminate the need for FSVP. 

Does anybody know if EU/Germany would also have their regulations be equivalent to the FSMA standards?

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Maximum Residue Limits Regulation Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish Grain maximum contaminant levels What is the maximum allergen limits in ppm of egg, soy and milk to be declared on the label Allowed maximum Micro TPC limits in spice and herb environment?
[Ad]

Hey FoodScientist,

Even for countries where there is an equivalent program there are modified regulations that you must adhere to for FSVP.  This includes the size of your company, the amount being imported, and determining that the supplier is in compliance with U.S. safety regulations or relevant laws in country deemed equivalent.  All of this needs to be documented in the event your are reviewed.  Also, and maybe most important, what are you importing?  That can be the single determining factor for this.  Check out 21 CFR 1.513 for some guidance.  FDA also has a chart that can give you a quick oversight and the fine print can guide you:

Am I subject to FSVP? (fda.gov)

Cheers!

1 Thank

It looks like it is still just those three countries for systems recognition.  And as I recall from my FSVP class in 2020, this recognition is only for finished products, not raw materials or bulk products.

https://www.fda.gov/...safety outcomes.

It looks like there may be EU equivalency for shellfish.

https://www.fda.gov/...ion-food-safety

Similar Discussion Topics
Maximum Residue Limits Regulation Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish Grain maximum contaminant levels What is the maximum allergen limits in ppm of egg, soy and milk to be declared on the label Allowed maximum Micro TPC limits in spice and herb environment? Maximum allowable limit of Chloride on food products Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic Maximum level in food What is the maximum range for Yeast & Mold in compressed air used for product contact? What is the maximum limit for enterobacteriaceae? Microbiological maximum limit (TPC, Salmonella etc) for fat spreads and blended spreads category in Taiwan?