What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC V8 9. Requirements for traded products

Started by , Feb 03 2022 01:53 PM
8 Replies

Hello to all Can you help me to understand section 9 to which applies ?

We are a company that buys oil, stores it and sells it. But during storage a blending stage is carried out (i.e. mixing of several oils of the same quality but of different origins)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

hi Hadir,

Blending is part of processing, so as per my understanding it does not fall under traded goods. See below definition of traded goods.

"Where a site purchases and sells food products that would normally fall within the scope of the Standard and are stored at the

site’s facilities, but which are not manufactured, further processed or packed at the site being audited, the site’s management of
these products is covered by the requirements in this section"

Thanks 

Thank you Namishka for your help  

It sounds to me that if you are blending oils together, this is a manufacturing process and is out of the scope of the Storage and Distribution Standard and should be audited instead or additionally to either the food, consumer products or possibly the packaging Standard, depending upon what the oil is used for.

1 Thank

Is this food grade oil for production or for foodservice use?  I am guessing yes but I don't want to be off base.

Foodworker is right, if you are blending food oils together to create a product then it is a manufacturing step not warehousing. 

Cheers!

= Post 2 ??

@
Brendan Triplett
No it is for food use 
Yes, it is part of the transformation process

I think Brendan and I were seeking to clarify that whilst the original post is in the BRC Storage and Distribution section of the forum, the blending process makes it completely out of scope of the S&D Std and should be audited against the Food Standard.(Coincidentally and confusingly, Section 9 of the S&D Standard gives a few options where open food handling can come under the S&D Standard, but oil blending is not one of them)

If Hadir's business additionally sells on some of the oils without any blending, that part could probably be audited against the Traded Products section of the Food Standard, but it depends upon whether the site actually takes title to the goods.

If all the oil is blended, then the Traded Products section is not applicable.

Yes, it is
Thank you for your answer 

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Requirements for Work In Process WIP Customers want to rent our storage to store their products