What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you have to be certified on PCQI to sign off on records in a manufacturing facility?

Started by , Feb 03 2022 03:56 PM
3 Replies

Do you have to be a certified individual to sign off on records?? based on FDA standards? Is HACCP sufficient?

I'm looking for the CFR and can't find it. Thank you in advanced!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?
[Ad]

Hi rgomez,

Yes, as per my knowledge no GFSI standard says that you  have to have PCQI certified for signing the documents.

HACCP is definitely enough. 

Even if we train somebody (delegating duty) to check/verify the records its equally valid. no auditor can challenge you (Keep that record  in which you trained that employee to do it).

Thanks 

1 Like1 Thank

Do you have to be a certified individual to sign off on records?? based on FDA standards? Is HACCP sufficient?

If you are a FDA regulated facility, subject to the PC rule in FSMA, then yes, records that deal with Preventive Controls must be reviewed/signed off by a PCQI.

If the record does not support monitoring or verification of a PC, then no.

Marshall

1 Like

Your question is complicated. You technically don't need to take the PCQI course however you do need to show proficiency. See other posts on this forum.

Like mgourly said - FDA records need to be signed off by a PCQI individual.

https://www.ifsqn.co...s-it-mandatory/

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Fumes in the Production Facility Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Pallet treatment standards for a food facility Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals PCQI Training in Portuguese