What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

MOSH MOAH in Fish Oil

Started by , Feb 23 2022 02:28 AM

Welcome to the forum!

In the EU there aren't any legal limits for MOSH/MOAH. In 2022 EFSA's scientific opinion on MOSH/MOASH should be published.
Most company's do already keep internal limits to anticipate legal limits.

EU Member state Belgium has the following limits:
MOSH <100mgkg
MOAH <Limit of Detection

Example of company limits:
MOSH <50mgkg
MOAH <10mgkg

7 Replies

Hi! I'm a new member here. I would like to know if someone here knows the standard limits of MOSH/ MOAH in Fish Oil? tia.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
MOSH MOAH limits in Germany Mitigating MOSH MOAH contamination in palm oil production MOSH (min.oil sat. hydrocarbs.) MOAH Contamination Control
[Ad]

Welcome to the forum!

In the EU there aren't any legal limits for MOSH/MOAH. In 2022 EFSA's scientific opinion on MOSH/MOASH should be published.

MOSH <100mgkg
MOAH <Limit of Detection

MOSH <50mgkg
MOAH <10mgkg

1 Like1 Thank

Hi! I'm a new member here. I would like to know if someone here knows the standard limits of MOSH/ MOAH in Fish Oil? tia.

Within the Philippines ?

Within the Philippines ?

No, Germany /EU limits.

1 Thank

Welcome to the forum!

MOSH <100mgkg
MOAH <Limit of Detection

MOSH <50mgkg
MOAH <10mgkg

Thank you so much!

Hi,

the ist the latest UPDATE of company levels: Benchmark levels for mineral oil hydrocarbons (MOH) in foods (August 2021)

Rgds

moskito

sorry, here is the file

Rgds

moskito

Attached Files

I would also like to add to this thread that the EC made a statement regarding MOAH levels in food.
It is not legally binding but member states are encouraged to enforce it at the local level.

They have basically set the limits at the lowest limits of qualification (LOQ) for MOAH being:
2 mg/kg for fats and oils
1 mg/kg for foods with a fal/oil content above 4%
0,5 mg/kg for food with a fat/oil content below 4%

So for fish oil sold in the EU the (not yet legal, but kinda enforced) limit would be 2mg/kg

There is still a lot of debate in the EU regarding these limits and it's enforceability, there are also not many labs who can analyse <5mg/kg and the measuring uncertainty between labs can be vast.

Similar Discussion Topics
MOSH MOAH limits in Germany Mitigating MOSH MOAH contamination in palm oil production MOSH (min.oil sat. hydrocarbs.) MOAH Contamination Control