What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a Food Defense Risk Assessment and a Food Defense Threat Assessment the same?

Started by , Feb 27 2022 07:31 PM
3 Replies

Not sure how this is different from a Food Defense Risk Assessment?  For the FD Risk Assessment I use the Food Defense Plan Builder from the FDA.  Help!  :)

2.7.1.1 A food defense threat assessment shall be conducted to identify potential threats that can be caused by a deliberate act of sabotage or terrorist-like incident. 
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

It's the same, the threats that could affect your food chain should be justified by your risk assessment. 

eg. Threat - Facility security - Unsecured point of entry/Fencing may external entrance for unauthorized personnel/vehicles may lead to product tampering.

So what is the risk for the threat of facility security?

Risk = Probability(1-Low)  x Severity(3-High) 

All the threats identified shall be analyzed my risk assessment with control measures and decision(outcome) to mitigate the threat. 

They are usually the same and covered by the program that you are using.  I do an additional review and conduct assessments for intentional adulteration.  It is the same type of risk assessment that I use when I put together one for HACCP just with different guidelines for measuring.

I also use a vulnerability assessment using Key Activity Types but this couples with the vulnerability assessment already completed in your FDA Plan Builder program.

Cheers!

Not sure how this is different from a Food Defense Risk Assessment?  For the FD Risk Assessment I use the Food Defense Plan Builder from the FDA.  Help!  :)

2.7.1.1 A food defense threat assessment shall be conducted to identify potential threats that can be caused by a deliberate act of sabotage or terrorist-like incident. 

Hi Patricia,

Where does clause 2.7.1.1 come from ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Example of a risk assessment template Food safety culture plan