What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Listeria Monocytogen Program for Meat and Poultry

Started by , Mar 03 2022 09:03 AM
2 Replies

I'm working on the Listeria Monocytogen Program. Anyone out there can tell how to make Listeria Monocytogen Program for meat & poultry establishments. Please also share the templates if anyone has them. Kindly also tell me when where & which alternatives for listeria do I need to use. Kindly Share the complete program with filled templates for getting the idea.

Thanks & regards

Food Technologist

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Listeria mitigation guideline What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Listeria testing UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria
[Ad]

Hi Amirft,

What kind of Listeria Monocytogenes program are you looking for?

There should be an environmental monitoring (and cleaning!) program. Listeria can grow and thrive even in refrigerated temperatures and on all kinds of surfaces.
There should be a product monitoring program. There are legal limits (depending on your location) for analysing Listeria Monocytogenes.
In Europe for ready-to-eat product you should also have a risk elimination (e.g. pasteurisation, preservation including a study to verify or positive release analysis).
And you should monitor your suppliers for Listeria (and other risks).

What kinds of meat and poultry products do you do?
Are they refrigerated, frozen or room stable? 

Kubba- cracked wheat dough filled with beef
Kubba (kishmish & Los) with Almonds and Raisins- cracked wheat dough filled with beef and almonds and raisins.

Potato chop: Fried potato ball filled with cooked meat and spices

Kubba halap: Rice ball filled with meat and spices

Kubba hamouth: Rice ball filled with Meat and spices

Kubba tapsi: Cracked wheat dough filled with meat

Kubba Krass: cracked wheat dough filled with meat and pine nuts

[quote name="Marloes" post="183515" timestamp="1646314908"]Hi Amirft,

What kind of Listeria Monocytogenes program are you looking for?

There should be an environmental monitoring (and cleaning!) program. Listeria can grow and thrive even in refrigerated temperatures and on all kinds of surfaces.
There should be a product monitoring program. There are legal limits (depending on your location) for analysing Listeria Monocytogenes.
In Europe for ready-to-eat product you should also have a risk elimination (e.g. pasteurisation, preservation including a study to verify or positive release analysis).
And you should monitor your suppliers for Listeria (and other risks).

What kinds of meat and poultry products do you do?
Are they refrigerated, frozen or room stable?
[Kubba- cracked wheat dough filled with beef
Kubba (kishmish & Los) with Almonds and Raisins- cracked wheat dough filled with beef and almonds and raisins.

Potato chop: Fried potato ball filled with cooked meat and spices

Kubba halap: Rice ball filled with meat and spices

Kubba hamouth: Rice ball filled with Meat and spices

Kubba tapsi: Cracked wheat dough filled with meat

Kubba Krass: cracked wheat dough filled with meat and pine nuts]
Actually my authority said that you need listeria program to prevent LM contamination either through haccp or sanitation practices..
What do I need to do to control this hazard. I've mentioned the products above.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Listeria mitigation guideline What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Listeria testing UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria Listeria Policy countries outside of US How would you kill listeria if it is present in the drains and floors? Listeria monocytogenes - How Tough are You? Listeria mono in frozen vegetables Listeria Monitoring Frozen Fruit and Vegetables