What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ice Cream Food Safety Plan

Started by , Mar 12 2022 05:03 PM
11 Replies

How much will be approximate the cost for create a food safety plant for 25 different ice cream flavors with 10 different suppliers.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
Mini plant or tag along personal?

I ve seen mini plants at 100.000 and 65900

Not clear: you want to create a food safety management system (FSMS) or HACCP plans? If it's FSMS - it wouldn't matter how many flavours you have, if it's HACCP plans - that would depend on your processes. For instance, if it's the same process for all 25 flavours then it would be 1 HACCP plan, if say it's 3 different processes (e.g. ice cream, ice milk, frozen dessert) - then you'd need 3 HACCP plans. 

1 Like1 Thank

Hello, 

If you need help to create a Food Safety Plan for Ice cream.  I would be glad to help you out.  I worked at a Ice cream plant for 5 years.  I start the FSMA program at this plant. 

Jeff 

1 Like

The cost is related to the size of your operation (ingredients, equipment, square footage, etc.).

Your ingredient hazard analysis is only a small portion of your food safety plan. If you are only looking at your ingredients. This FDA guidance document is a great tool. https://www.fda.gov/.../99581/download

If you are looking for a full food safety plan or unsure. Please reach out. 

Approximate cost of developing a FSMA food safety plan for a ice cream industry which have 25 flavors with different manufacturing process.

If you message me your contact information, I can schedule us a meeting this week and I can provide you a quote.

Hi Kara

Thank you. I just want to know if my rate is appropriated. I am charging $2,500.00 dollars for an Ice Cream food Safety Plant. Is it ok, too low, or too high?

Oscar 

Hi Kara

Thank you. I just want to know if my rate is appropriated. I am charging $2,500.00 dollars for an Ice Cream food Safety Plant. Is it ok, too low, or too high?

Oscar 

Please do not post duplicated content. It can cause confusion.

Hi Kara

Oscar 

Hard to know for sure without all the factors. Maybe if you think of it in terms of approximate hours you think you'll be working on this and if you included travel costs (if applicable). Everyone goes through the trial and error phases! 

Stick with your gut - You obviously came up with $2500 somehow and find it reasonable. Use this job as a baseline for all of your next projects. 

• How much did you spend on travel? 
  • How many hours were you on site just learning their process and equipment?
  • How many hours did you take to write the plan?

Use those questions to determine if you feel like you got paid for what you are worth - if not increase your price for next time. Hope that helps! 

Hi Kara

The amount of $2,500 it just was an amount that came to my mind in order to try to help the client. The client is a really a very small ice cream business, the owner and a one helper. There is no GMP plan implemented at the place. I dot no think that the client can pay my fee, that was the reason for which I was trying to get more or less an average food safety plan  charge to try help my client. My charge for pharmaceutical is $300.00/h depending the project. For the  food industry is $200.00/h depending the project.

Hard to know for sure without all the factors. Maybe if you think of it in terms of approximate hours you think you'll be working on this and if you included travel costs (if applicable). Everyone goes through the trial and error phases! 

Stick with your gut - You obviously came up with $2500 somehow and find it reasonable. Use this job as a baseline for all of your next projects. 

• How much did you spend on travel? 
  • How many hours were you on site just learning their process and equipment?
  • How many hours did you take to write the plan?

Use those questions to determine if you feel like you got paid for what you are worth - if not increase your price for next time. Hope that helps! 

Hi Kara

The amount of $2,500 it just was an amount that came to my mind in order to try to help the client. The client is a really a very small ice cream business, the owner and a one helper. There is no GMP plan implemented at the place. I dot no think that the client can pay my fee, that was the reason for which I was trying to get more or less an average food safety plan  charge to try help my client. My charge for pharmaceutical is $300.00/h depending the project. For the  food industry is $200.00/h depending the project.

I think that price is reasonable then for such a small operation! 

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Food safety culture plan