What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Recall - Undeclared Allergen

Started by , Mar 16 2022 05:53 PM
5 Replies

Hi

I am carrying out a few mock scenarios just now and was wondering if say a trade customer (restaurant) called and said a product that we sold to them had gluten in it but was not highlighted on the label. Would you do a recall on this? All our products are sold directly to restaurants, not retail or distributors. Would you apologise for the error and contact all the other customers informing them of the mistake so they were aware.

Thanks 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi Eat&Go, welcome to the forum. I would recall and re-label - because it's your responsibility to ensure product label bears correct information.

I agree with olenazh.  At a place I worked at before we had what the USDA felt was an undeclared allergen on product that went mainly to schools due to fundraising and we initiated a recall through those avenues.

Thanks.  I had a feeling that a recall would be probably be inevitable due to the regulations, regardless of knowing exactly where the products were and trying to rectify it :) 

However if products were local enough to visit, would it be possible to attend said premises and re-label the product instead :) bearing in mind the product is a frozen product

Thanks.  I had a feeling that a recall would be probably be inevitable due to the regulations, regardless of knowing exactly where the products were and trying to rectify it :) 

However if products were local enough to visit, would it be possible to attend said premises and re-label the product instead :) bearing in mind the product is a frozen product

In reality - possible (e.g. restaurant owners are your friends or good people who wouldn't mind you to come and re-label on site), at mock recall exercise - no: everything should be done as per regulatory requirements.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the feedback. It's all new to us and a learning curve. This site has been incredibly useful to me, its amazing what you learn here.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces