What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Risk Assessments-Primary Packaging

Started by , Mar 21 2022 10:29 AM
3 Replies

Good morning everyone.

I have been tasked with carrying out risk assessments on our primary packaging prior to our BRC audit in May.

Never carried out RA on raw materials before and do not have a suitable template.

Does anyone have one I could view for ideas??

Thanks in advance

Neil Mac

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template
[Ad]

All raw materials need to be part of the risk assessment that supports the HACCP Hazard Analysis. Some people include each input at receiving (receiving salt, receiving packaging, receiving oil...etc). I prefer to document an input analysis separately using  a format that is almost the same as the process hazard analysis.  Instead of asking about  this "step" , I'll ask about "this material" and instead of asking if "this step" is where control is achieved I indicate that all hazards noted as significant are carried over to the process hazard analysis. 

Good morning everyone.

I have been tasked with carrying out risk assessments on our primary packaging prior to our BRC audit in May.

Never carried out RA on raw materials before and do not have a suitable template.

Does anyone have one I could view for ideas??

Thanks in advance

Neil Mac

Hi neilmac,

I'm afraid that this topic (presumably 3.5.1.1) is a BRC masterstroke of non-simplicity.

For example see this oldish thread (many others exist) -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ing/#entry98574

I wish you luck for the project to be finished by May !

PS - after several years of (I anticipate) auditor struggles, simpler responses may now be acceptable for this overall requirement.

Thank you Charles, much appreciated.

I may have been over thinking this initially.

Our pre requisites on our HACCP plan cover good inwards and material inspection and the RA is already done here.

Thankfully we only have a handful of primary packaging items and as we bottle spirit the same for ingredients!

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Environmental Monitoring Risk Assessment Ingredient risk assesment Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care