What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Validation of Filter (Bag-Type and/or Cartridge)

Started by , Mar 23 2022 08:10 AM
4 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a validation procedure for filters (may it be a bag-type or a cartridge) as a control measure for physical contaminants. How did you conduct and document your validation? We are producing edible oil and one of our control measure is filtration (last filter in the line).

Hoping some of you might help me.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation
[Ad]

Visual inspection after each production run, foreign material complaints

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a validation procedure for filters (may it be a bag-type or a cartridge) as a control measure for physical contaminants. How did you conduct and document your validation? We are producing edible oil and one of our control measure is filtration (last filter in the line).

Hoping some of you might help me.

Thank you.

Hi Selena,

Why do you need "validation" ? eg Do you have the filter as a CCP ?

Hi Charles,

We've identified the last filter in line as an OPRP.

Hi Charles,

We've identified the last filter in line as an OPRP.

Hi Selena,

Are these items associable to an aperture size ?

Their are several threads here on validation/verification of filter CLs (or your equivalent target).

Target area of choice usually varies between integrity of filter and aperture size.

Previous threads have discussed your query but limited agreement resulted, can try this lengthy discussion for some ideas -

https://www.ifsqn.co...p-verification/

Here is one "approach" which utilizes a concept mentioned in above link -

Validation liquid filter.pdf   126.82KB   43 downloads

(for conveyor systems/metal hazard Codex gives a MD {expensive !] option to validate a mesh filter)

PS - this article discusses validation via the filter integrity route -

https://www.biopharm...ess-environment

PPS - bit more explanatory material for attachment above -

validation filtration.PNG   94.1KB   0 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Verification & Validation - scheduling, methods, etc. Metal Detector Validation What should be included in a cook validation? What is meant by an SQFI Validation Audit? Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence Validation and Verification: Ensuring Compliance and Excellence