What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF 11.5.5 - Compressed Air Testing

Started by , Mar 23 2022 04:44 PM
4 Replies
11.5.5 Air and Other Gases
11.5.5.1 Compressed air or other gases (e.g., nitrogen or carbon dioxide) that contact food or food contact surfaces shall be clean and present no risk to food safety.

1. We produce a raw agricultural product that is not ready to eat.
2. We use compressed [air] on food contact surfaces.

Question:

I know I have to do microbial test such as pathogens ( should I choose), TPC or indicator bateria but do I need to do a PARTICULATE test? What about water and oil?

Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Compressed Air TPC limits Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion
[Ad]

yes, you shoudl be testing for oil, water, and particulate.   With that said, I dont think you need a complicated test.   Blowing air into a filter for a period of time and examining should be deemed acceptable for a lower risk product / process.  

There are companies out there that send you sampling equipment and then do both the micro and oil/particulate testing.   That would be the "best practice"

In our company we use blow molds so we get the air tested annually and sent out to a external lab as well as the water we use to cool everything down. unless you have a dept. were they only focus on testing i personally would get it tested and sent out

Hi InfoDolphin,

Our location used reference like below:

https://www.parker.c...-Compliance.pdf

and it sufficed with our 3rd party testing.

I would just send out like everyone mentioned and let the findings do their job :) 

1 Like1 Thank

Hi InfoDolphin,

Our location used reference like below:

https://www.parker.c...-Compliance.pdf

and it sufficed with our 3rd party testing.

I would just send out like everyone mentioned and let the findings do their job :) 

I have used the CAMTU as well.   It works just fine for micro if you have simple lab with incubator.  Having one allows you to test more often with much less expense.   However, you still need to address water, oil and particulates etc.    

(CAMTU = Compressed Air Microbial Test Unit)

Similar Discussion Topics
Compressed Air TPC limits Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Compressed air testing needed? Modified Atmospheric Packaging and Testing for Gaseous Contaminants