What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Low Acid Hermetically Sealed Bread Item

Started by , Mar 28 2022 01:46 PM
3 Replies

Good day. Forgive me if this has been covered as I am sure it has; however I could not find it. I am in need of information on FDA requirements and food safety controls on a bread-like item packed in hermetically sealed packaging. Picture a bread product on a stick, like a waffle or pancake kind of thing with sprinkles etc. packaged in a plastic sleeve that is sealed.

Current formulation has a water activity of .87 to .91. I do not know what the pH is. 

Hermetically sealed low acid foods or breads are not my specialty. I could use any guidance or points towards resources please. 

Please and thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing
[Ad]

A) a plastic sleeve is not a hermetic seal--all plastic is osmatic to varying degree

B) what kind of shelf are you hoping for

C) breads/pastries do not have a low enough pH for it to be part of the equation

A) a plastic sleeve is not a hermetic seal--all plastic is osmatic to varying degree

B) what kind of shelf are you hoping for

C) breads/pastries do not have a low enough pH for it to be part of the equation

Thank you!

A) the plastic sleeve will have less than 10K exchange and will be sealed with a heat bar.

B) Expected shelf life is 9 days

That would probably be considered a confection

https://www.accessda...ch.cfm?fr=170.3

https://www.accessda...cfm?CFRPart=136

Similar Discussion Topics
Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Passivation Acid vs CIP Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing Standard Bread Baking Method What is the suggested nitric acid and phosphoric acid ratio for CIP? Low acid energy drinks labeling Transitioning from hot fill to cold fill for Low acid refrigerated dairy product Shelf life of black olives thermally sealed in cans with no preservatives