What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Unannounced BRC audit

Started by , Mar 31 2022 02:33 AM
4 Replies

Has anyone gone through the unannounced BRC audit for 2022 that they can share? Since unannounced can take place within the 4months period from the last date of certification can anyone let me know when it has usually occurred in the 4months period.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses BRC Unannounced Audit Time Will unannounced audits cause more people to leave the QA field? Have you experienced an Unannounced Audit? Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency
[Ad]
I don't believe anyone could really guess when it would occur.

To prepare for the audit, conduct your GAP assessment. From there, assign weekly tasks to each department and have the plant manager on board for accountability. Every plant as issues, show that you are aware of them and have corrective action plans in place.

And I don't see why it would matter.

Either you do the majority of the stuff you say you do and can prove it, or you don't/can't.

The FDA (if you are regulated by them), could walk in on Monday and say "Hi, we are here to inspect you."

You should be ready for that, so a BRC audit within a short window should be easy to do  :shades:

Marshall

2 Likes
Agreed you should be ready at any time. But to answer your question, one of my company’s sister plants had an unannounced audit this year, which occurred near the beginning of their 4-month window. Our suspicion is that BRC wants to schedule close to the beginning of the window to ensure that the plant is really ready.

And I don't see why it would matter.

Either you do the majority of the stuff you say you do and can prove it, or you don't/can't.

The FDA (if you are regulated by them), could walk in on Monday and say "Hi, we are here to inspect you."

You should be ready for that, so a BRC audit within a short window should be easy to do  :shades:

Marshall

Heck yes, I'd rather have NSF knock on my door than the FDA, any day.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses BRC Unannounced Audit Time Will unannounced audits cause more people to leave the QA field? Have you experienced an Unannounced Audit? Unannounced FSSC 22000 Audit Frequency SQF Unannounced audit window BRC Packaging - unannounced audit time Will an auditor show up on a Friday for an Unannounced SQF Audit? When is the audit plan sent for an Unannounced Audit? Scheduling of Management Review in relation to Unannounced audit