What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

New Boys on the Block! Nutraceutical Lab

Started by , Mar 31 2022 07:52 AM
2 Replies

Hey Folks!

Somehow I miraculously came across this forum when researching TACCP.

Let me introduce myself. My name's Arnie, based in London, United Kingdom.

We set out building a Nutraceutical production facility in London back in 2021 during Covid. Along with my business partner who has pharmacology experience with the big firms, we've built out an entire facility mostly just by ourselves and with some contractors for help some aspects.  We're both in our 30's. 

As our first physical business, we have just over 3,500 SQF in North West London, we have a cleanroom setup and validated with a tablet press output of around 280,000 per day. We've invested in state of the art tablet testing equipment and so on..

We've recently passed ISO9001:2015. We did this early so that we had a QMS system in place which has really helped. We had consultants which trained and helped us with this process, we learned a lot. 

Now, we've been talking with NSF about consultation for BRC. Unfortunately we cannot retail and sell on amazon (UK) just yet without a third party HACCP certification or GSFI affiliated scheme (hence BRC, FS22K ect).

The consultant costs seems very expensive, so we paid for a gap analysis and we're going to see how much of it we can do ourselves. We have the standard, it doesn't seem that difficult. 

Just wanted to say how great this forum is. We were out in the world by ourselves with no industry contacts and experiences to read from, but this forum has an abundance of it. 

We've been working with Miele, Kaeser, Cole Parmer, Ohaus, SGS, Sotax, intertek, Sartorius, Kimberly Clark, Natoli, Syspal, Veolia, Kirby Lester, Thermo Fisher, Nilfisk, Videojet and others either directly or indirectly for equipment or SLA's. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What happens if cheddar cheese in block stays at 60 degrees for about 2 days? Painting Block walls in food processing Block chain technology in Food industry Writers block? Can a bakery wooden block undergo ISPM-15 treatment?
[Ad]

Hi Arnie, welcome to the forum! I've been here for couple years and found it extremely helpful myself, it IS a great resource for food safety people seeking for advise. 

Good afternoon Arnie... welcome!

Similar Discussion Topics
What happens if cheddar cheese in block stays at 60 degrees for about 2 days? Painting Block walls in food processing Block chain technology in Food industry Writers block? Can a bakery wooden block undergo ISPM-15 treatment? Calling all IFSQN Members: block out your diary for June 26 New Girl on the Block Spot the Block: Using the Nutrition Facts Label to Make Healthy Food