What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Storage and Handling of Glass

Started by , Apr 01 2022 06:12 AM
4 Replies

Recently had a HACCP/FAV/Spotless & Subway audit. The auditor recommended adding handling and storage of glass packaged products to our FSP. I have done many searches and found nothing really relating to the storage and handling of glass package products from a warehousing point of view.

Is there some information regarding this for me to draw from?

or

Can someone please offer some advise or information for me to move forward?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products
[Ad]

Greetings,

I believe the auditor wanted you to take under consideration the fact that the actual glass could pose a physical hazard, in case it is shattered due to mishandling etc.

So you should consider things like storing these products in a seperate distinct area, do some (visual mostly) checks for any fragments or spillage of the product in the glass containers. All and all he proposed you include the physical hazard of glass in your analysis and report what measures you take in case it is a high "threat" to prevent cross-contamination or even contamination of said product.

Regards!

1 Like1 Thank

You absolutely need to add this to your hazard analysis

There are going to be lots of places within your facility where you are at risk of glass contamination in your other non glass goods

Where/how do you store the empties and FG?         What do you do when there is breakage?  Do you perform an assessment on the risk when it happens?  Has everyone been trained and knows exactly what to do in the event of glass breakage?

What mitigation steps do you take when running glass packed items?

https://packaging360...l contamination.

1 Thank

What about in a warehouse and distribution environment where the food has already been packaged in a glass jar or bottle, boxed up and sent to a wholesale distribution company to sell to there customers, such as a Food Service company or a supermarket.

How would a wholesale food service distribution company or a supermarket handle and store food products that have been packaged in glass?

Hi CFS,

Please avoid posting duplicate queries in other threads. It can cause confusion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?