What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF - Allergen Sanitation and Colour Coding

Started by , Apr 12 2022 05:49 PM
2 Replies

Hello all,

I need your help.

We are a Canadian bakery using rack ovens.

We have 8 allergens.

We have acquired a new line that we have implanted into our facility but in a separate room.

This new line uses a tunnel oven and has two different allergens than our current production.

For our current production,  we have colour coding for our sanitation equipment for the following areas:

WET PRODUCTION - RED

DRY PRODUCTION (Slicing) - GREEN

PACKAGING - BLUE

JANITORIAL - YELLOW

WET and DRY production are separated by a guard rail.

Packaing is in a separate room.

For our new implanted line in a separate room, I have the following questions:

1) Do we need to segregate WET and DRY production that is separated by a tunnel oven?  do they require separte sanitation equipment?

2) Does the colour of the sanitation equipment in this room need to a different colour from that of the current processes (stated above)?

We are planning to keep it at one HACCP plan and process flow.

Just struggling iwth the above.

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

KBMB

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear
[Ad]

Help me because I'm confused

CFIA/Health Canada only list 11 total allergens, one is fish and another is crustaceans and mulluscs, I'm assuming you're using neither of those allergens

You're suggesting you have 10 now in total? 

Hi Scampi,

I beg your pardon.

We separate our tree nuts and treat barley separately as well.

You are correct in assuming we do not have fish or crustaceans.

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment