What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Risk Assessment

Started by , Apr 21 2022 10:41 PM
1 Reply

We are a winery going for SQF Certification. WE had a consultant perform a desk and site audit, and one of their Non-Conformances stated "The Supplier Approval Program does not define risk levels and the Approved Supplier register does not address the risk level for the supplier". 

Can anybody share how they determined risk level for their primary packaging suppliers? My initial thought is to go into our Supplier Survey and assign points to each question and document, tally their scores, and come up with risk levels. I'd much prefer to see what others have done for this exercise though. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

I have a matrix that assigns points to the following and a risk value is determined by the points acquired 

Past Issues

All requested documentation provided

Type of packaging (direct FC or non FC)

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier