What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer Complaint for Plastic Foreign Material

Started by , May 13 2022 11:40 PM
6 Replies
Hello!

Looking for advice. I work for a company that provides spices for further manufacturing.

We clean up the spices, package and send off.

Received a customer complaint over FM (strip of plastic)

We have several control points that would have kicked this out of the system.

Any advice on what to do?
I don't want to admit blame if it's not from us.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience
[Ad]
What do you mean by "its not from us" ??
The FM was found after it was processed/packaged by them.

What is the best way to go about pinpointing if it came from me/introduced from their own process.

Foreign material happens. Even if it's from you - don't stress over it, even if that means you have to pay for your customers product loss. Just do you due diligence and correct the issue so it won't happen again.

To start your investigation, determine whether you have similar plastic in your building.
1. No, we do not. In your report, say you do [not] have that material in-house, nor does it come in from your own raw ingredients.

2. Yes, we do. We investigated the area in which the similar plastic is known to be and found no damage. If you happen to find damage, report back that you identified the issue and that it was repaired. I'm sure you'll have to take the remainder of their lot back and replace the product. Maybe it's just an isolated incident and they won't need to discard the batch.

3. You mentioned that you have control points. You should also go verify each control and mentioned what the controls are and that you verified they are functioning as intended.

6 Likes1 Thank
Thank you Kara! This is what I'm was looking for.

Thank you Kara! This is what I'm was looking for.

You're welcome. Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions related to your investigation

Hello!

Looking for advice. I work for a company that provides spices for further manufacturing.

We clean up the spices, package and send off.

Received a customer complaint over FM (strip of plastic)

We have several control points that would have kicked this out of the system.

Any advice on what to do?
I don't want to admit blame if it's not from us.

I would suggest that the style of specific response may depend on additional characteristics such as

(a) Status of Complainant.

(b) specific product involved and potential significance, eg retail RTE?

(c) intensity of the complaint, eg "compensation" mentioned?, simply requesting intended follow-up ?

(d) details of the foreign material, eg hazardous?,

(e) complaint history of customer, eg rare/continuous ?

(f) specific origin/location of complaint.

Many Companies IMEX have a uniform initial step - Request to receive the foreign material/associated product unit.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint Customer will not provide their ingredient recipe Customer Request - Supply Standards Form