What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to dispose of a drum containing an unknown chemical?

Started by , May 25 2022 01:16 PM
9 Replies

Our one facility that we recently bought and renovated had a drum just about filled with a chemical located outside on the edge of the property.  Unfortunately, it has now fallen to us to take care of and get it off the property.  We have tried calling various companies to come, get it and properly dispose of it, but all the ones we have called so far want us to provide an SDS before they will be willing to remove this for us.  The problem is, we have no idea what is in it.  The previous owners left no indication on what it was.  The drum does have a label and we sent a picture of said label to these companies and they say they can not find anything on it.  Looking for any feedback on what companies to try or what we can do to get this taken care of.  We have all been trying for the past 6 months with no success so far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Concentration verification and records Chemical Testing Requirements on a New Product
[Ad]

Can you post the pic of the label here?

Would love to see the pic. I think we can narrow it down pretty quickly.

Cheers!

Working on getting the picture.  Thank you.  If not this week, definitely next week as I will be on-site.

See attached picture.  I find something similar when looking up the CAS no on the label, but haven't been able to find this exact one yet.

Attached

Attached Files

Contact the manufacturer: https://www.ulprospe...rs-Polysorbates

Also, did you try to get info from your Ministry of the Environment?

1 Thank

here is a label for that chemical--perhaps enough for the disposal company

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Well, the good news is that is is non hazardous.

I'd contact FCI Technology, they have it listed on their website.

2409 East Ozark Ave

Gastonia, NC 28054

704-629-4630

1 Thank

Thank you all!  Appreciate it!

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs ATP swabs ≠ Chemical Residue Testing Chemical treatment for red flour beetles and weevils Chemical Concentration verification and records Chemical Testing Requirements on a New Product Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning How do you dispose of empty chemical drums and containers? Are chemical supplier trailers required to use seals or tamper evidence? How can I dispose of expired agar? Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers