What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BFM Patch that is FDA approved on a food contact surface?

Started by , Jun 07 2022 02:15 PM
3 Replies

Is anyone aware of a patch for a BFM connector that is FDA approved on a food contact surface? Our current connector is on the brink of being compromised and has a long lead time for a new connector. Also, it must be able to hold up to acid, caustic, and "very hot water". I've looked around online but there doesn't seem to be enough information at first glance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Is anyone aware of a patch for a BFM connector that is FDA approved on a food contact surface? Our current connector is on the brink of being compromised and has a long lead time for a new connector. Also, it must be able to hold up to acid, caustic, and "very hot water". I've looked around online but there doesn't seem to be enough information at first glance.

BFM = ??

Might want to try this one...

https://www.bfmfitti...s/seeflex-040as
1 Like

Might want to try this one...

https://www.bfmfitti...s/seeflex-040as

Thank you. We have contacted the salesperson for a replacement of our current connector however, it's an uncommon size so we have a long lead time. I'm trying to find an FDA approved "plastic" patch for the current connector until we receive our replacement.

Overnight I came up with the idea that we use another BFM that is no longer in use to cut up and create a patch, but there's some issues:

- How to weld the two together?

- Is this food safe?

- How would this look to an auditor even if it was a workable idea?

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces