What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is your policy when receiving an NCR-CAR from a customer?

Started by , Jul 27 2022 04:14 AM
2 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm new to QA/Food Industry so your guidance is much appreciated.

What is your policy when receiving a NCR/CAR from an external source (customer)? Do you raise an internal NCR/CAR with the same info? How is it logged in your system?

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Customer labeling of frozen pizza
[Ad]

Greetings,

There are different ways each company handles it, but one common way is to jump straight to the root cause analysis mentioning only what triggered it (no need to double write things down). This and the CAR will of course be written in your own documents with the complaint attached to them (either paper or in my preferred way in pdf file and stored in your server/cloud etc).

It is useful to know the source of the NCR (internal/external) when you do your reviews/history checks, so there is no need to log it as internal.

Regards!

1 Thank

Hi, 

I use one running log for both Internal and External NCRs. They are numbered in sequential order start with E for External and I for internal.  

Thank you. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Customer labeling of frozen pizza Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Meat Processing Garment Policy Customer complaints for excess water in onions