What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP Training

Started by , Aug 03 2022 03:41 PM
6 Replies

We have a few people that we want to get HACCP certified.  Mostly to give them a better understanding of our program, and we want them on our HACCP team.

Where is the best place to find classes.  On-line is fine, or in-person in (north) western Washington (USA)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification
[Ad]

Why don't you train them yourself? (save money?) It's just a matter of giving the handouts with HACCP principles description. That's what I've been doing, and it's OK with auditors so far.

If you're simply looking to bring them onto your HACCP team, it's true that you could probably teach them a lot on your own from the documentation you already have. Are there any rules stating -who- can give a HACCP certification? HACCP training can be expensive, and online courses aren't as beneficial as in-person ones (in-person = more discussion, networking, etc). I might opt for a well-constructed in-person HACCP course offered internally, rather than an external online course.

A weakness of that strategy though is that you're not really getting any fresh takes on your HACCP plan. If the same people who did the initial hazard analysis train new staff, it's less likely for the new folks to benefit the process by being a "fresh set of eyes" so to speak. From your trainee's perspective, it may be less desirable considering it'd be a streamlined course offered internally. When I became HACCP certified, I enjoyed the fact that examples used were food products that I wasn't super familiar with. It was a good learning experience.

1 Like1 Thank

Why don't you train them yourself? (save money?) It's just a matter of giving the handouts with HACCP principles description. That's what I've been doing, and it's OK with auditors so far.

The people we want to add to the HACCP team have a decent understanding.  However, upper management wants more certificates to show auditors.

That means, it needs to be 'real' training. They are fine with paying.

I took my first HACCP course in 1997 and again thru  USDC/NOAA in 2014.

1 Like1 Thank

Eurofins also has HACCP training courses:

https://www.eurofins...ood-processors/

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP and BRC accreditation in the UK HACCP and BRC accreditation needed HACCP/HARPC training Compressor for HACCP HACCP and SQF Certification Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company HACCP plan for cold smoked trout HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat