What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Country of Origin Change - Grace period?

Started by , Sep 15 2022 03:22 PM
2 Replies

Question! My company has a US mixer and one located in Canada. We would like to move production of one of our drink blends from Canada to the US, but all of the packaging states "Product of Canada". Is there a grace period to use this packaging or do we have to replace with new packaging? Clients are all US based.

Thanks!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin when two different countries Country of Origin on Packaging Moving to a different country in a food safety role
[Ad]

Hi, welcome to the forum. Canadian regulation states that information on the product label shall not be misleading - so, if it IS produced in US, the label shall state "Made in USA", if it's still produced in Canada - "Made in Canada". Not sure about a grace period, if any, of manufacturing location change, sorry.

Hi,
No, According to regulation, its mispleading information as the risk of food fraud changes with the change of origin of country.
So you can not say made in Canada if its made in US.

I faced same issue in my previous company, customer moved product from US to Canada. We have to got "country of Origin information concealed with black marker"
(Seems funny what dats how we managed).

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin Labeling Country of Origin when two different countries Country of Origin on Packaging Moving to a different country in a food safety role Using COUNTRY in the product name on label Country of Origin on Fish with Substantial Transformation Lot Specific Country of Origin Which GFSI FSMS Standard is leading the pack in your country? Regulation 2018_775 Country of Origin for Primary Ingredient